The international network of the ‘Digitale Diathek’ consists of a number of specialized university institutions that operate their own image and/or multimedia databases using the highest scholarly standards and at the same time wish to have available an efficient tool for mutual usage of digital sources and digitized materials for research and teaching purposes.
In the longer term, the ‘Digitale Diathek’ will provide the participating partners with access to some 1.2 million digital sources and digitized materials consisting of images, video and audio files from the holdings of internationally renowned institutions (research institutions, collections, archives) and will ensure that they have an optimal basis for using digital media in their research and teaching work.
The following partners have initiated and decisively promoted the international network for the ‘Digitale Diathek’:
- Freie Universität Berlin, FB Geschichts- und Kulturwissenschaften. Institut für Kunstgeschichte
- Deutsches Dokumentationszentrum für Kunstgeschichte, Foto Marburg
- Universität Wien, Projekt UNIDAM
- Universität Zürich, Philosophische Fakultät / Institut für Kunstgeschichte
- ETH Zürich, Institut gta (D-ARCH)